The patented and award-winning MS-26 Mid Span Slit Tool is designed to provide easy access to optical fibers in outer jackets and loose buffer tubes. With 5 precision grooves to handle various cable sizes, the sleek ergonomic design allows you to open a fiber jacket or buffer tube without damaging the fiber inside.
- Consists of 5 precision slitting grooves ranging in size from 2.9 mm to 6.8 mm
- Compact design weighing less than 2.5 oz with included tethering hole makes it perfect to use in tight spaces or on the go
- Indicator line on top of the unit indicates the position of the blade for accurate slitting and ringing
- This tool works great with OFS EZ-Bend® 3.0 mm and 4.8 mm drop cables and other similar style cables
- Replacement blade set available, part number: MSB-2968
- Blades last for 5,000 slits/cuts
- All of our MS Series Mid Span Tools are patented for their unique design and functionality. Our MS-426 won the 2019 Cabling Installation & Maintenance Gold award for innovation and our MS-6 won the same prestigious award in 2018!
Groove Sizes: 2.9-3.6 mm | 3.6-4.4 mm | 4.4-5.2 mm | 5.2-6.0 mm | 6.0-6.8 mm
|Number of Slitting Grooves||
Outer Jackets, Loose Buffer Tubes
2.9 mm-6.8 mm
2.20" x 0.83" x 1.50" (5.6 cm x 2.1 cm x 3.8 cm)
|Weight||0.1 lb (47.216 g)|