The PATENTED and award-winning MS-426 Mid Span Slit and Ring Tool is designed to provide easy access to optical fibers in Prysmian ESMF Optical Mini FlexTube® cables (as well as other thick-walled 5.8 to 12 mm diameter jackets). Building on the popularity of the Jonard Tools MS-6 and MS-26 Fiber Optic Mid Span Slitting Tools, we have incorporated a ring feature in the tool to make it even more versatile.
- Consists of 4 precision slitting grooves and 4 precision ring grooves ranging in size from 5.8 mm to 12 mm
- One side of the tool performs radial/ring cuts and the other side slits the cable (longitudinal cut)
- Compact design weighing less than 8 oz with included tethering hole makes it perfect to use in tight spaces or on the go
- Indicator line on top of the unit indicates the position of the blade for accurate slitting and ringing
- This tool was specially designed for use on Prysmian ESMF Optical Mini FlexTube® cables and other similar style cables
- Replacement blade set available, part number: MS-426RB
- Blades last for 5,000 slits/cuts
- All of our MS Series Mid Span Tools are patented for their unique design and functionality. Our MS-426 won the 2019 Cabling Installation & Maintenance Gold award for innovation and our MS-6 won the same prestigious award in 2018!
Groove Sizes: 5.8-6.4 mm | 7.8-8.4 mm | 9.8-10.4 mm | 11.2-12 mm
|Number of Slitting Grooves||
|Number of Ringing Grooves||
Thick-walled Jackets (up to 2.0 mm thick)
5.8 mm-12 mm
3.58" x 1.53" x 3.37" (9.1 cm x 3.9 cm x 8.6 cm)
0.461 lb (209 g)